A cross-country trail for pleasure runners
The varied cross-country skiing trail in Muotathal is guaranteed to snow and runs along the southern side of the valley. It meanders between farms and open spaces, forest edges and along brooks. It leads over simple and flat terrain.
Rest StopGasthaus Post
Tips and hints
Track condition: Info by phone 041 831 81 50 (erlebniswelt muotathal GmbH)
Light: Directly at the lighting pole at the push of a black button. Coordinate cross-country skiing light: 700.820 / 203.090
Getting thereVon der A4 Richtung Schwyz - Muotathal - Muotathal Post
ParkingÖffentlicher Parkplatz (Schachen)
Book recommendation by the author
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.