Tips and hintsWanderkarte - Rund ums Sali
Muotathal is located in Central Switzerland and is easily accessible by car.
Coming from Basel-Lucerne:
Continue on the A14 from Lucerne in the direction of Zug. After 20 km, you will come to the Rütihof intersection. There you take the A4 motorway in the direction of Schwyz. Take the Schwyz exit and follow the signs in the direction of Muotathal. At the end of the village follow the signs to Bisistahl.
Coming from Lake Constance and Rapperswil:
At Rapperswil, drive in the direction of Pfäffikon / Gotthard. At Pfäffikon, drive a short distance on the A3 motorway in the direction of Gotthard. Then take the first exit in the direction of Gotthard / Schwyz. The road will take you to Schwyz via Rothenthurm and Sattel. At Schwyz, drive towards Muotathal. At the end of the village follow the signs to Bisistahl.
Coming from Gotthard-Altdorf:
Take the bypass (tunnel) in Flüelen in the direction of Schwyz. After the Mosi Tunnel, leave the motorway at Exit 40 Brunnen (in the direction of Weggis/Gersau/Schwyz/Brunnen). Drive in the direction of Ibach/Schwyz and at the 2nd roundabout in Ibach (by Dany's Family Restaurant), take the 1st exit towards Muotathal. At the end of the village follow the signs to Bisistahl.
EquipmentGood hiking boots with good profile or trekking shoes.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.