Stanserhorn – summit tour and place of power
Distance 1.2 km
The walk around the summit takes just thirty minutes, but that's not counting pausing to admire the views towards Brünig at the "Adlerhorst" (eagle's eyrie), identifying the Mönch left of the Eiger, observing the marmots, and sensing the 22,000 Bovis units of "subtle energy". A visit to the Rondorama revolving restaurant or terrace forms part of any outing to the Stanserhorn. The most popular dish here by far is Älplermagronen, made with ingredients sourced from the region and the Alps. The restaurant on the Stanserhorn serves 18,000 portions every season!
Try the delicious Älplermagronen in the Rondorama restaurant. The sun can be enjoyed on the terrace by the upper cableway terminus or on the large meadow at the summit.
Update: October 27, 2021
32T 449959 5197629
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view