This mountain walk on the Fürstein leads through the wonderful scenery of the UNESCO Biosphere Entlebuch and Obwalden.
Distance 8.8 km
Every step up the Fürstein (alt. 2040 m) is a pleasure. From the Stäldeli alp in Flühli the route climbs towards Lake Seewen. The path is in good condition and passes in and out of the unique moorland terrain. Little Lake Seewen with its chapel is a good spot for a brief break. The ascent to Fürstein begins here. The summit offers stunning panoramic views from the Pilatus in the northeast to the Bernese Alps in the southwest. From Fürstein the path leads steeply downwards through sheep pastures and, initially, very rough terrain to Wasserfallenegg. Here you leave the ridge and head towards little Lake Änggenlauenen. From there the path passes through woods and meadows in gently sloping terrain towards your starting point, Stäldeli.
- Break ay Lake Seewen.
- Dip your feet in Lake Änggelauenen.
- Food available at the Stäldeli alp.
AuthorUNESCO Biosphäre Entlebuch
Update: August 05, 2021
Safety informationSteep, at times rough, path between Fürstein and Wasserfallen.
Tips and hintsUNESCO Biosphere Entlebuch
Telephone: +41 (0)41 485 88 50
Getting thereThe UNESCO Biosphere Entlebuch is in the heart of Switzerland halfway between the two major tourist destinations of Bern and Lucerne. On leaving Flühli, follow signs for Städeli.
ParkingCar parking at the Stäldeli alp is free.
32T 428445 5191637
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy footwear. Picnic recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view