This varied walk is ideal for families. The castle ruins of Kastelen and the Agrovision Burgrain organic farm provide extra interest on the way.
Distance 7.8 km
This well signposted tour leads past stables, through a forest to the ruins of Kastelen Castle (barbecue spots andtoilets available). It continues to the Agrovision organic farm with its restaurant, farm shop and large playground (closed Mondays and Tuesdays). The rest of the tour follows the Planet Trail to Willisau. The Hasenburg open-air swimming pool is on hand to help you cool off at the end.
Kastelen ruins with lovely views.
Agrovision organic farm
Hasenburg outdoor pool in Willisau
Update: July 30, 2021
32T 421938 5221265
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy footwear recommended. The path is suitable for pushchairs only to a limited extent, as it is narrow through the forest to the castle ruins.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view