Distance 10.3 km
You start in the village of Hitzkirch. The path passes below the Kaiserspanestate's vineyards to Heidegg Castle, where there's a magnificent viewof the lake and mountains to be had. The castle's open between Apriland October: set aside enough time for a visit – it really is worth it. Afterdescending from the castle to the village, the path continues flat alongsidelovely, unspoilt Lake Baldegg until you reach Hochdorf some 2½ hours later.
Update: May 27, 2021
32T 446012 5224237
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view