This wonderful round walk in the largest continuous stretch of moorland in Switzerland is notable for its views and the diversity of its flora.
Distance 10.4 km
From the Berghotel Langis, the path leads over a small rise to Schwendi-Kaltbad. Now it climbs straight ahead, past the Andresenhütte refuge and through the forest up to the Schlierengrat ridge to the Bärnerstig. From there, the Schlierengrat leads gently up and down northwards through blueberry bushes and past gnarled pines and spruces. After about three quarters of an hour of walking, you reach the signpost pointing the way down to Rorersmatt, where there is a change of direction towards the south. Via Bärzopf, a pasture path leads through a stream ditch over fens down to the little Schlierental road. Finally, the path follows the Grosse Schliere past several barbecue spots to Schwendi-Kaltbad. The Bergrestaurant Schwendi-Kaltbad is a good place to stop off for a bite to eat. You return to Langis over the slight rise and along the edge of protected moor pools.
Noted for its grill and cheese specialities, the Schwendi-Kaltbad restaurant (alt. 1444 m) is nestled in enchanting alpine scenery in the wild and romantic Schlieren valley, which is in the Langis-Glaubenberg region.
Update: October 06, 2021
Getting thereCar: on leaving the village, turn into Schwanderstrasse at the roundabout and continue to Langis. PostBus: runs weekends only.
32T 433412 5193638
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view