The ridge hiking trail is also suitable for families. Here to a blog from a guest.
Safety informationThe route is exposed in places: keep to the footpaths.
Tips and hints
An association takes care of the maintenance and the associated security on the way. Sprightly seniors work on an honorary basis with the goal that the way is accessible also for families and seniors. The association is mainly financed by donations. More information can be found in the brochure here.
Stoosbahnen AG: 041 818 08 08
The Klingenstock lift operates weather permitting; the Fronalpstock lift operates daily in the high season and at weekends (weather permitting) in the low season.
Getting thereIf driving, take the A4 to the Schwyz exit, then follow the signs for Muotathal as far as the lower terminus of the large Schwyz-Stoos funicular railway; alternatively, turn onto Morschacherstrasse (at Wolfsprung), then follow the signs to Morschach and continue to the lower terminus of the small Morschach-Stoos aerial cableway.
ParkingParking is available at the lower termini of the Schwyz-Stoos funicular and Morschach-Stoos aerial cableway.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentGood hiking boots with good profile or trekking boots, rain jacket, drink, food, possibly sticks.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.