MTB tour over the hills of the Entlebuch and Emmental.
This Napf mountains tour starts by climbing via Vordergraben to the Chrüzbode, where you encounter your first views of the Emmental hills. The turn-off to the Napf, the highest of the Emmental's hills, is between Ober Stutz and Fankhus: a detour to the Napf is worth it for the glorious views and the tasty rösti at the local restaurant. You then return to the Trub valley via Fankhus, past the Kambly biscuit factory and Trubschachen, then cross the Risisegg and return to Escholzmatt.
- The short yet very steep ascent of the Napf is worth the effort owing to the all-round views.
- Magnificent panoramas on the Chrüzbode, Risisegg and Glichenberg encompassing the Emmental hills and Central Swiss Prealps.
- Drop in at the Kambly biscuit factory in Trubschachen.
- Detour from the Bödili to Schwendelberg chapel.
- Visit the Escholzmatt herb garden.
- Exceptional evening meal courtesy of the "culinary wizard" chef at the Gasthof Rössli in Escholzmatt.
AuthorUNESCO Biosphäre Entlebuch
Updated: February 24, 2021
Tips, hints and linksUNESCO Biosphäre Entlebuch
Tel. +41 41 485 88 50
Getting thereThe UNESCO Biosphere Entlebuch is centrally located in the heart of Switzerland between the major tourist destinations of Bern and Lucerne.
ParkingFee-paying car parking at Escholzmatt station.
32T 418990 5196256
Book recommendation by the author
Push the arrows to change the view