Though not really technically difficult, you need to be fit for this demanding tour. It is amply rewarded by wonderful distant views.
After a flat section along Lake Lucerne, the ascent to the Gätterli Pass begins at Gersau. The ride leads to Timpelweid via Alp Egg and the Gottertli. Just before the Urmiberg is a short section where you need to dismount. This is followed by a rapid descent down to the valley and along the Muota back to where you started.
- Victorinox Museum and Visitor Centre
- Lake Lucerne
Safety informationThe lakeside road between Brunnen and Gersau is very busy on weekends. The route is waymarked in one direction only: Brunnen - Gersau - Gätterli - Brunnen.
Tips and hintswww.schweizmobil.ch/de/mountainbikeland/routen/route-0963.html
Getting thereEin dichtes Netz gut ausgebauter National- und Hauptstrassen verbindet Brunnen mit allen wichtigen Zentren der Schweiz und der Nachbarländer. Weitere Informationen: www.tcs.ch oder www.maps.google.ch
Auf dem Ortsplan von Brunnen finden Sie die verschiedenen Parkplätze eingezeichnet. Alle Parkplätze sind kostenpflichtig.
Empfehlung für Langzeitparkierer 24h/CHF 5.- Muotaplatz.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.