Central Switzerland: scenic theme trail
At 1656 metres above sea level, information boards describe native animals. Take your family in search of traces and with a little luck and patience you might even find a fox, badger or squirrel. More common are the mountain chamois, which occasionally dare to go down to the lake shore. The fantastic panorama of the Alps contributes to making your visit to the Rigi unforgettable.
For your information
In order to let our next generation also could enjoy the beauty of the Rigi, we would like to ask you to dispose of your own waste in the waste bins which are located at all of the stations of RIGI BAHNEN AG. Thank you.
Getting thereHere to getting-there and parking
There are plenty parking spaces avaliable at valley stations. Fees apply.
However, we recommend public transport instead of cars: lean back, be stress-free and do something good for the environment.
EquipmentSturdy hiking shoewear and weather-adjusted clothing
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.