Short and long variants
The trail begins at Giswil station, where a tall wooden Schacherseppli figure marks the starting point. Special signposts lead to Bahnhofweg, where the first post is located at the old railway station stables.
In addition to the 10 km circular walk marked in red, which is dedicated to Ruedi Rymann, yodeller, game warden and a friend of nature, a shorter trail 4 km trail is dedicated to the song "Dr Schacherseppli". This is marked in blue and branches off at the bridge over the Laui.
The short tour is suitable for strollers and wheelchairs. Take care: the bridge over the Laui is only 80 cm wide.
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.