The beautiful northern slopes of the Alpelenhörnli promise the finest powder all winter long. A varied tour in Central Switzerland that will make even beginners and connoisseurs cheer and jubilate.
From the valley station of the Titlisexpress you first climb up the blue slope to Untertrübsee. Pass the bottom station of the Untertrübsee cable car and follow the road under the Stöck-Alpelen material cable car in the direction of Gletti. The route runs for the most part through the alpine forest along the summer hiking trail up to the Arni-Alpelen at the mountain station of the material cableway. From here, one climbs in a large right-hand bend in a southerly direction to the Alpelenhörnli (2,024 m), already visible from a distance.
AuthorEngelberg - Titlis Tourismus
Updated: October 24, 2019
Important information about the ski tour: http://www.sac-engelberg.ch/skitourenroute-alpelenhoernli/
The route may not be taken at night: Wild rest zones
Safety tips for off-piste skiing
- Please note that you are travelling at your own risk.
- A ski tour must be carefully planned.
- Appropriate equipment (avalanche transceiver, probe, shovel, airbag) and clothing are essential safety factors.
- The local ski and mountain guides will take you safely to your destination and back home.
- Emergency call REGA telephone number 1414
Tips, hints and links
Getting thereBy car you drive on the A2 (Basel-Gotthard) to Stans Süd, then on the main road 20 km to Engelberg. Engelberg is 30 minutes from Lucerne, 1 hour and 15 minutes from Basel, Zurich or Bern.
ParkingParking spaces are available in Engelberg for a fee.
32T 452306 5184273
Push the arrows to change the view