Less frequented beginner ski tour in the canton of Nidwalden in the middle of the Central Swiss Alps. The Salistock (1,896 m) offers a beautiful view of Engelberg and the Engelberg Valley as far as Lake Lucerne.
With the Buiräbähnli Rugisbalm - Mettlen. This modest peak, situated to the east of the Widderfeld Stock, is accessed from the Engelberg valley. The cornice-crowned point drops steeply down towards the village, offering a magnificent view into the valley. Sensational powder snow can often be found on the picturesque slopes of Lutersee.
Safe snow fun in powder snow at the Snow & Safety Days.
AuthorEngelberg - Titlis Tourismus
Updated: December 02, 2020
Safety tips for off-piste skiing
- Please note that you are travelling at your own risk.
- A ski tour must be carefully planned.
- Appropriate equipment (avalanche transceiver, probe, shovel, airbag) and clothing are essential safety factors.
- The local ski and mountain guides will take you safely to your destination and back home.
- Emergency call REGA telephone number 1414
Tips, hints and links
Getting thereBy car you drive on the A2 (Basel-Gotthard) to Stans Süd, then on the main road 20 km to Grafenort - valley station Rugisbalm. About 30 minutes from Lucerne, 1 hour from Basel, Zurich or Bern.
ParkingFree parking is available for all guests at the Rugisbalm valley station.
32T 449909 5189238
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.