Less frequented beginner ski tour in the canton of Nidwalden in the middle of the Central Swiss Alps. The Salistock (1,896 m) offers a beautiful view of Engelberg and the Engelberg Valley as far as Lake Lucerne.
Distance 7.3 km
With the Buiräbähnli Rugisbalm - Mettlen. This modest peak, situated to the east of the Widderfeld Stock, is accessed from the Engelberg valley. The cornice-crowned point drops steeply down towards the village, offering a magnificent view into the valley. Sensational powder snow can often be found on the picturesque slopes of Lutersee.
Safe snow fun in powder snow at the Snow & Safety Days.
AuthorEngelberg - Titlis Tourismus
Update: December 02, 2020
Safety tips for off-piste skiing
- Please note that you are travelling at your own risk.
- A ski tour must be carefully planned.
- Appropriate equipment (avalanche transceiver, probe, shovel, airbag) and clothing are essential safety factors.
- The local ski and mountain guides will take you safely to your destination and back home.
- Emergency call REGA telephone number 1414
Tips and hints
Getting thereBy car you drive on the A2 (Basel-Gotthard) to Stans Süd, then on the main road 20 km to Grafenort - valley station Rugisbalm. About 30 minutes from Lucerne, 1 hour from Basel, Zurich or Bern.
ParkingFree parking is available for all guests at the Rugisbalm valley station.
32T 449909 5189238
Book recommendations for this region:
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view