The Fürenalp Cableway takes you comfortably to the wide and continuously steep southern slope of the Wissberg - a difficult ski tour summit with breathtaking views.
Try the Wissberg ski tour from the Fürenalp mountain station to the Wissberg. Enjoy the panoramic view of the Engelberg mountains before you take the descent back to the Fürenalp mountain station or directly down to Engelberg. Thanks to the intense sunshine on the south-west-facing flank, spring snow can be found on the Wissberg early in the season. You need about 2 hours for the altitude difference of 800 meters. The tour is classified as difficult.
AuthorEngelberg - Titlis Tourismus
Updated: October 24, 2019
Safety tips for off-piste skiing
- Please note that you are travelling at your own risk.
- A ski tour must be carefully planned.
- Appropriate equipment (avalanche transceiver, probe, shovel, airbag) and clothing are essential safety factors.
- The local ski and mountain guides will take you safely to your destination and back home.
- Emergency call REGA telephone number 1414
Tips, hints and links
By car you drive on the A2 (Basel-Gotthard) to Stans Süd, then on the main road 20 km to Engelberg. Engelberg is 30 minutes from Lucerne, 1 hour and 15 minutes from Basel, Zurich or Bern.
ParkingFree parking is available for guests at the Fürenalp valley station.
32T 459434 5183212
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.