Let yourself be animated by the tranquillity
The tour begins on a natural sun terrace above the Muota Valley. Instead of a ski circus, a tranquillity and a lovely landscape await you. In this seclusion, the Alpine panorama appears even more powerful.
The signposted snowshoe routes are permitted in the Hasentobel - Ruch game rest zone.
Rest StopRestaurant Sigristenhaus
For your safety - stay on the route!
SVS snow shoe routes are marked, signposted, safe from avalanches and nature-friendly.
Order snowshoe maps from the Swiss Snowshoe Association (www.s-v-s.ch)
Leave the route forbidden in the nature reserve and hunting ban area!
Tips and hints
For the sake of the wildlife:
- Attention: Please respect the recommended game rest zone.
- In winter, wild animals need quiet retreats to survive.
- Please stay on the route so that the wildlife is not disturbed.
- Please keep your dog on a leash.
Getting thereIn Seewen-Schwyz you leave the motorway. From there follow the road towards Schwyz Muotathal. After the parking lot of the Stoosbahn valley station (8km) turn left towards Illgau. After another 3.4 km you will reach the village of Illgau.
ParkingParking is available at the beginning of the village or in the middle of the village by the cable car Vorderoberberg or on the sports field.
Recommended equipment for snowshoe sportsmen:
- Snowshoes, winter shoes (good hiking boots), depending on weather conditions wind jacket, sweater, gloves, cap, sunglasses, gaiters and walking sticks.
- For longer tours rucksack with drink and catering
- We recommend map 1:25000, compass, if available GPS
- Pocket pharmacy and any required medication