If there is enough snow, you can hike directly down the wide slopes from Gloters to Spilmoos, parallel to the footpath that leads down to the village stream at Point 686, then along it to the shooting range and via Steinen to the pilgrim village of Flüeli-Ranft. Here it is worth visiting the parish church, which has housed the tomb of Brother Klaus since 1679, whose work as a mystic, mediator and man was commemorated in 2017. Restaurants invite you to take a well-deserved rest after your endeavours.
This tour takes you up to alt. 981 m and can be done with snowshoes onlyif it has snowed all the way down into the valley. Please check the snow conditions in advance.
Safety informationThe trail is not signposted.
Auf der A2 von Luzern her im Tunnel auf die A8 Richtung Interlaken, Sarnen wechseln und dann der Strasse folgen bis zur Ausfahrt Sarnen Süd. . Bei Kreissel die dritte Ausfahrt Richtung Sachseln nehmen.
Von Interlaken via Brünig auf der A8 bis zur Ausfahrt Giswil Norn. Weiter auf der Hauptstrasse bis nach Sachseln.
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.